By PETER BAKER and JEFF ZELENY
President Obama said on Tuesday that he had chosen Sonia Sotomayor, a federal appeals court judge in New York, as his nominee for the Supreme Court.
By CHOE SANG-HUN
North Korea continued to defy the international community on Tuesday with the test-firing of two short-range missiles, according to reports.
The funding for the trust was outlined in a summary of concessions that the company and union have agreed to as G.M. tries to restructure.
By JACK HEALY
After several days of concerns about the strength of the dollar, stocks rebounded on a consumer sentiment report.
By JOHN SCHWARTZ
The ruling ratified a decision made by voters last year, but allowed existing gay marriages to stand.
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Supreme Court overturned a ruling that stops police from questions a defendant without a lawyer present.
A critique of grammar, style and usage in The Times. This week: sensitive language.
In a life of endless distractions, Simon Critchley asks if the idea of happiness as quiet contemplation is possible.
For aspiring collectors on a budget, there are many vehicles in the lower price brackets.
Submit photos and view and comment on other readers� cars. Also, view and submit events to the Automotive Events Calendar.
A layoff can take away a sense of belonging and the day-to-day camaraderie of a particularly close group of colleagues.
Find the best job in the New York metro area and beyond.
- Texting May Be Taking a Toll
- The Case for Working With Your Hands
- Controlling Interests: Principals Younger and Freer, but Raise Doubts in the Schools
- Paul Krugman: State of Paralysis
- Brain Power: At the Bridge Table, Clues to a Lucid Old Age
- Polaroid Lovers Try to Revive Its Instant Film
- Ross Douthat: Liberated and Unhappy
- David Brooks: And the Angels Rejoice
- Architecture Review: Lose the Traffic. Keep That Times Square Grit.
- Dear Donna: A Pinup So Swell She Kept G.I. Mail
- State of Paralysis
- North Korea Claims to Conduct 2nd Nuclear Test
- Favorites of Left Don't Make Obama's Court List
- Obama Selects Sotomayor for Court
- Job Losses Push Safer Mortgages to Foreclosure
- New Justice Could Hold Key to Presidential Power
- Have We Already Lost Iran?
- The Writers Make News. Unfortunately.
- Powell Still a Republican, Despite Party Differences
- California Couples Await Gay Marriage Ruling